Another terror suspect fights UK extradition
London: British terror suspect Babar Ahmed, who has been in custody for nearly eight years on Monday moved the High Court against his extradition to the US, days after radical cleric Abu Hamza launched a similar bid.
Last week, the European Court of Human Rights had given its final approval for the extradition of five major terrorism suspects from Britain to the US, including Hamza and Ahmed.
A judge today decided that Ahmed`s judicial review application will be heard with fellow suspects Abu Hamza and Khaled al-Fawwaz tomorrow.
The judge is also considering a request from a fourth suspect, Adel Abdul Bary.
Hamza and Al-Fawwaz have already been granted interim injunctions preventing their removal pending the hearing.
The extradition is sought to be prevented on the grounds that the men would face inhumane treatment in the US.
Between 1999 and 2006, the men were indicted on various terrorism charges in America.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city