Another Tibetan monk self-immolates over `Chinese repression`
Beijing: A teenage Tibetan Buddhist monk set himself on fire in protest against China’s political and religious suppression.
The-18-year-old monk, identified as Lobsang Lozin, burnt himself to death in China’s south-west Sichuan province.
Lozin set himself ablaze and died immediately in Bharkham county in Sichuan province as he marched towards a government office, the India-based Central Tibetan Administration, or government-in-exile, said in a statement.
According to The BBC, Tibetan exiles said local people blocked a bridge to stop police from moving in after the incident.
Nearly 42 Tibetans are believed to have set themselves alight so far in Tibetan-inhabited parts of China.
China`s leaders accuse the spiritual leader Dalai Lama of inciting the self-immolations and encouraging separatism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog