Another Tibetan self-immolates in China
Beijing: One more Tibetan died on Thursday after setting himself on fire in China`s Qinghai Province, taking the total of people who attempted suicides to over 80 in the past few months in a wave of such protests against Chinese rule in Tibet.
Libong Tsering, 19, set himself ablaze around 4:20 pm in the Dowa township of Tongren county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A spate of self-immolations in different parts of Tibet and its prefectures were reported ever since the week long once-in-a-decade leadership Congress held here from November 8.
Total number suicides protesting the Chinese rule and calling for return of Tibet`s exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama from India, have crossed over 80 in the recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'