Another Tibetan self-immolates in China
Beijing: One more Tibetan died on Thursday after setting himself on fire in China`s Qinghai Province, taking the total of people who attempted suicides to over 80 in the past few months in a wave of such protests against Chinese rule in Tibet.
Libong Tsering, 19, set himself ablaze around 4:20 pm in the Dowa township of Tongren county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A spate of self-immolations in different parts of Tibet and its prefectures were reported ever since the week long once-in-a-decade leadership Congress held here from November 8.
Total number suicides protesting the Chinese rule and calling for return of Tibet`s exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama from India, have crossed over 80 in the recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi