Another Tibetan self-immolates in China
Beijing: One more Tibetan died on Thursday after setting himself on fire in China`s Qinghai Province, taking the total of people who attempted suicides to over 80 in the past few months in a wave of such protests against Chinese rule in Tibet.
Libong Tsering, 19, set himself ablaze around 4:20 pm in the Dowa township of Tongren county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A spate of self-immolations in different parts of Tibet and its prefectures were reported ever since the week long once-in-a-decade leadership Congress held here from November 8.
Total number suicides protesting the Chinese rule and calling for return of Tibet`s exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama from India, have crossed over 80 in the recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured