Another Tibetan self-immolates in China
Beijing: One more Tibetan died on Thursday after setting himself on fire in China`s Qinghai Province, taking the total of people who attempted suicides to over 80 in the past few months in a wave of such protests against Chinese rule in Tibet.
Libong Tsering, 19, set himself ablaze around 4:20 pm in the Dowa township of Tongren county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A spate of self-immolations in different parts of Tibet and its prefectures were reported ever since the week long once-in-a-decade leadership Congress held here from November 8.
Total number suicides protesting the Chinese rule and calling for return of Tibet`s exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama from India, have crossed over 80 in the recent months.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics