Another Tibetan self-immolates in China
Beijing: One more Tibetan died on Thursday after setting himself on fire in China`s Qinghai Province, taking the total of people who attempted suicides to over 80 in the past few months in a wave of such protests against Chinese rule in Tibet.
Libong Tsering, 19, set himself ablaze around 4:20 pm in the Dowa township of Tongren county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A spate of self-immolations in different parts of Tibet and its prefectures were reported ever since the week long once-in-a-decade leadership Congress held here from November 8.
Total number suicides protesting the Chinese rule and calling for return of Tibet`s exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama from India, have crossed over 80 in the recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert