Anti-China coalition a US containment policy: Chinese daily
Beijing: China containment policies propounded by US think tanks are aimed at establishing "an anti-China coalition" around the country and infiltrating "from the inside, especially by brainwashing the younger generation", an editorial in a Chinese daily said on Thursday.
An editorial in the Global Times said: "Frictions arise now and then between China and its neighbours as well as with the United States. China has to be aware that some conflicts are purely tactical, while others may be part of a larger strategy."
It observed that "the disputes between China and surrounding Asian countries arise from individual incidents, which stir up public emotions on both sides.”
"But these countries have no strategic motive to transform China. Even though there are sporadic calls from some people to bring down the rising giant, these calls have little chance of become any country`s real national policy."
The editorial appeared just days after US President Barack Obama announced support for India as a permanent member in the UN Security Council.
It admitted that the situation "with the US is different".
"Although some of the increasing disagreement and quarrels seem trivial, US political elites have been advocating their government to safeguard the country`s super power position in the world. They believe the US government should take concrete action to contain China, preventing it from growing into another power capable of challenging US hegemony."
It went on to say that the "China containment policies raised by some US think tanks mainly focus on two areas. One is to establish an anti-China coalition surrounding China. The other is to infiltrate from the inside, especially by brainwashing the younger generation and nurturing an appreciation of Western values".
Sounding a warning note, the editorial said: "The basic goal is to make sure China does not become a challenger or an enemy. The highest goal is to overrun China with US and Western values, overthrowing the ruling power."
"In its neighbourhood, China needs to make sure regional disputes over material benefits do not escalate into ideological confrontations...As for the US, China has to be on the alert, making sure its potential goal to overthrow the Chinese system does not become a real policy."
"The biggest player to affect China`s rise is still the US. But China will determine the future of Sino-US relations using its own will and beliefs," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Cow creates chaos near Parliament area!
- Sinners offering money to temples for solace: Chandrababu Naidu
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured