Anti-government protesters march across Egypt
Cairo: Thousands of Egyptians are staging rallies in cities across the country to denounce the rule of Islamist President Mohammed Morsi and his fundamentalist Muslim Brotherhood.
Protesters took to the streets today in Cairo, Alexandria, Port Said and several cities in the Nile Delta to oppose the government.
Hamdeen Sabahi, a leader of the opposition National Salvation Front, said in a message posted on his Twitter account: "We will continue our peaceful struggle with the Egyptian people and revolutionary youth to continue our revolution."
Religious edicts issued by hardline Muslim clerics against Morsi`s political opponents this week have raised fears of assassinations in Egypt, after a top anti-Islamist politician was gunned down in Tunisia, birthplace of the region`s so-called Arab Spring uprisings in 2011 that led to Morsi`s election last summer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram