Anti-graft official in China commits suicide
Beijing: An anti-graft official in southwest China`s Sichuan province jumped to his death on Sunday.
Ke Jianguo, 45, head of the Anti-Embezzlement and Bribery Bureau of Chongzhou City, fell from the fifth floor of his office building, state-run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
After an initial investigation, police revealed that Ke was being treated for depression at two local hospitals, it said.
Ke was appointed as the head of the anti-graft bureau in 2009.
Chinese Communist Party has stepped up anti-graft campaign in the recent months prosecuting several top officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars