Anti-graft official in China commits suicide
Beijing: An anti-graft official in southwest China`s Sichuan province jumped to his death on Sunday.
Ke Jianguo, 45, head of the Anti-Embezzlement and Bribery Bureau of Chongzhou City, fell from the fifth floor of his office building, state-run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
After an initial investigation, police revealed that Ke was being treated for depression at two local hospitals, it said.
Ke was appointed as the head of the anti-graft bureau in 2009.
Chinese Communist Party has stepped up anti-graft campaign in the recent months prosecuting several top officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air