Anti-graft official in China commits suicide
Beijing: An anti-graft official in southwest China`s Sichuan province jumped to his death on Sunday.
Ke Jianguo, 45, head of the Anti-Embezzlement and Bribery Bureau of Chongzhou City, fell from the fifth floor of his office building, state-run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
After an initial investigation, police revealed that Ke was being treated for depression at two local hospitals, it said.
Ke was appointed as the head of the anti-graft bureau in 2009.
Chinese Communist Party has stepped up anti-graft campaign in the recent months prosecuting several top officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Three die in flash floods, house collapse in Jammu
- Una incident: Dalit writer Amrutlal Makwana returns award
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving