Anti-graft official in China commits suicide
Beijing: An anti-graft official in southwest China`s Sichuan province jumped to his death on Sunday.
Ke Jianguo, 45, head of the Anti-Embezzlement and Bribery Bureau of Chongzhou City, fell from the fifth floor of his office building, state-run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
After an initial investigation, police revealed that Ke was being treated for depression at two local hospitals, it said.
Ke was appointed as the head of the anti-graft bureau in 2009.
Chinese Communist Party has stepped up anti-graft campaign in the recent months prosecuting several top officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth