Anti-graft official in China commits suicide
Beijing: An anti-graft official in southwest China`s Sichuan province jumped to his death on Sunday.
Ke Jianguo, 45, head of the Anti-Embezzlement and Bribery Bureau of Chongzhou City, fell from the fifth floor of his office building, state-run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
After an initial investigation, police revealed that Ke was being treated for depression at two local hospitals, it said.
Ke was appointed as the head of the anti-graft bureau in 2009.
Chinese Communist Party has stepped up anti-graft campaign in the recent months prosecuting several top officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts