Anti-Islam film: UK Muslims protest against Google
London: Thousands of British Muslims reportedly staged a protest against Internet search giant Google for releasing the ‘hateful and offensive’ anti-Islam video, saying they now live in an ‘age of mockery’.
The outraged Muslims launched the protest outside the offices of Google in London in a bid to force the company to remove an anti-Islamic film from website YouTube.
Protestors expressed anger over the fact that ``The Innocence of Muslims``, an American-produced film, which insults the Prophet Mohammad and demeans Muslims, still remains available to watch on YouTube.
The Telegraph quoted the protest’s organiser, Masoud Alam, as saying that their ‘next protest will be at the offices of Google and YouTube across the world’.
“We are looking to ban this film. This is not freedom of expression; there is a limit for that. This insult of the Prophet will not be allowed,” he added.
The demonstration was the third organised in a month, and took place on the central London street, where the website search giant has its UK headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!