Anti-Islam film: UK Muslims protest against Google
London: Thousands of British Muslims reportedly staged a protest against Internet search giant Google for releasing the ‘hateful and offensive’ anti-Islam video, saying they now live in an ‘age of mockery’.
The outraged Muslims launched the protest outside the offices of Google in London in a bid to force the company to remove an anti-Islamic film from website YouTube.
Protestors expressed anger over the fact that ``The Innocence of Muslims``, an American-produced film, which insults the Prophet Mohammad and demeans Muslims, still remains available to watch on YouTube.
The Telegraph quoted the protest’s organiser, Masoud Alam, as saying that their ‘next protest will be at the offices of Google and YouTube across the world’.
“We are looking to ban this film. This is not freedom of expression; there is a limit for that. This insult of the Prophet will not be allowed,” he added.
The demonstration was the third organised in a month, and took place on the central London street, where the website search giant has its UK headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata