Anti-Islamic filmmaker questioned by LA police
Washington: A California filmmaker linked to a provocative anti-Islam movie that has sparked widespread violence across the Muslim nations was taken to a Los Angeles police station for questioning.
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, was interviewed at the Los Cerritos station near his home, the local Sheriff`s Deputy told the NBC news.
"He went to the Cerritos station to talk with probation officers. He`s not under any arrest," Deputy Sherif Don Walker said.
Nakoula, a self-described Coptic Christian, has been identified by US Federal authorities as the key figure behind "Innocence of Muslims," a film denigrating Islam that ignited mob violence against US embassies across the Middle East.
The questioning of Nakoula by police comes as Federal officials have said they were investigating the activities of Nakoula, who has been convicted of financial crimes.
The probation department is reviewing the case of Nakoula, who was previously convicted on bank fraud charges and was banned from using computers or the Internet as part of his sentence. The review is aimed at learning whether Nakoula violated the terms of his five-year probation.
Karen Redmond, a spokeswoman for the administrative office of the US courts, has confirmed he review is under way. If the probation department determines Nakoula violated terms of his release, a judge could send him back to prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city