Anti-military rule protester killed in Egypt
Cairo: Security officials say a protester has been killed when clashes erupted between unidentified assailants and demonstrators gathered outside the Defence Ministry in the Egyptian capital to call for an end to military rule.
They said the clashes broke out late Saturday when the assailants set upon the protesters. Rocks, fireworks, empty glass bottles and firebombs were used in three hours of street battles. At least 30 were wounded.
Troops and police made no attempt to stop the violence.
Many of the protesters were supporters of an ultraconservative politician angered by his disqualification from running in next month`s Presidential Election.
The officials spoke Sunday on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to the media.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'