Anti-military rule protester killed in Egypt
Cairo: Security officials say a protester has been killed when clashes erupted between unidentified assailants and demonstrators gathered outside the Defence Ministry in the Egyptian capital to call for an end to military rule.
They said the clashes broke out late Saturday when the assailants set upon the protesters. Rocks, fireworks, empty glass bottles and firebombs were used in three hours of street battles. At least 30 were wounded.
Troops and police made no attempt to stop the violence.
Many of the protesters were supporters of an ultraconservative politician angered by his disqualification from running in next month`s Presidential Election.
The officials spoke Sunday on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply