Anyone wants to be killed, cooked, eaten? Man held
London: A man in Slovakia who placed an advertisement to seek a person who would agree to be killed, cooked and eaten has been arrested after his `guest` had second thoughts and tipped off the police, it was reported here.
The suspected cannibal was arrested in Slovakia.
The Swiss man who answered the advertisement claimed he thought the offer was just a "macabre fantasy game", Daily Telegraph reported on Thursday.
He changed his mind after telephone conversations with the man who placed the advertisement as he realised he was "deadly serious".
He told the police in Switzerland who contacted their Slovakian counterparts on Monday.
An undercover officer posing as the victim went to catch the suspected cannibal. A gun battle took place in which the police officer and the suspected cannibal were both injured.
"It appears this man was genuinely seeking to eat someone. His advert said he wanted someone who would agree to be put to sleep, then killed, cut up, cooked and eaten," a police official was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi