Anyone wants to be killed, cooked, eaten? Man held
London: A man in Slovakia who placed an advertisement to seek a person who would agree to be killed, cooked and eaten has been arrested after his `guest` had second thoughts and tipped off the police, it was reported here.
The suspected cannibal was arrested in Slovakia.
The Swiss man who answered the advertisement claimed he thought the offer was just a "macabre fantasy game", Daily Telegraph reported on Thursday.
He changed his mind after telephone conversations with the man who placed the advertisement as he realised he was "deadly serious".
He told the police in Switzerland who contacted their Slovakian counterparts on Monday.
An undercover officer posing as the victim went to catch the suspected cannibal. A gun battle took place in which the police officer and the suspected cannibal were both injured.
"It appears this man was genuinely seeking to eat someone. His advert said he wanted someone who would agree to be put to sleep, then killed, cut up, cooked and eaten," a police official was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'