Anyone wants to be killed, cooked, eaten? Man held
London: A man in Slovakia who placed an advertisement to seek a person who would agree to be killed, cooked and eaten has been arrested after his `guest` had second thoughts and tipped off the police, it was reported here.
The suspected cannibal was arrested in Slovakia.
The Swiss man who answered the advertisement claimed he thought the offer was just a "macabre fantasy game", Daily Telegraph reported on Thursday.
He changed his mind after telephone conversations with the man who placed the advertisement as he realised he was "deadly serious".
He told the police in Switzerland who contacted their Slovakian counterparts on Monday.
An undercover officer posing as the victim went to catch the suspected cannibal. A gun battle took place in which the police officer and the suspected cannibal were both injured.
"It appears this man was genuinely seeking to eat someone. His advert said he wanted someone who would agree to be put to sleep, then killed, cut up, cooked and eaten," a police official was quoted as saying.
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies
- Depressed oldies can be at dementia risk