Arab foreign ministers to discuss Syria
Cairo: Arab foreign ministers will meet Sunday in Cairo to discuss the recent developments of the Syrian crisis, an Arab League spokesman said Saturday.
The meeting had been scheduled for Tuesday, but it was advanced at the request of Saudi Arabia after consultations with other Arab countries, said spokesman Seif Hatti, reports Xinhua.
In light of the recent developments in Syria and the US readiness to strike it, the Pan-Arab organisation should consider steps to resolve the crisis without harming civilians, he said.
In a meeting Tuesday, the Arab League said it held the Syrian administration "fully responsible" for the chemical attack in the suburbs of Damascus.
"Those behind the chemical attack in Syria should face international justice," Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi said in a statement.
Meanwhile, Egypt`s Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy said Thursday that Cairo would not take part in a military action against Syria, although it opposes and condemns the use of chemical weapons by any party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday