Arab foreign ministers to discuss Syria
Cairo: Arab foreign ministers will meet Sunday in Cairo to discuss the recent developments of the Syrian crisis, an Arab League spokesman said Saturday.
The meeting had been scheduled for Tuesday, but it was advanced at the request of Saudi Arabia after consultations with other Arab countries, said spokesman Seif Hatti, reports Xinhua.
In light of the recent developments in Syria and the US readiness to strike it, the Pan-Arab organisation should consider steps to resolve the crisis without harming civilians, he said.
In a meeting Tuesday, the Arab League said it held the Syrian administration "fully responsible" for the chemical attack in the suburbs of Damascus.
"Those behind the chemical attack in Syria should face international justice," Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi said in a statement.
Meanwhile, Egypt`s Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy said Thursday that Cairo would not take part in a military action against Syria, although it opposes and condemns the use of chemical weapons by any party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday