Arab League says Syria monitoring will continue
Cairo: Arab peace monitors will continue their work in Syria, the deputy head of the regional body said on Tuesday, after Gulf Arab states decided to pull their monitors out of the country.
"The mission will continue its task now because the protocol was temporarily extended till January 24," Ahmed Ben Helli told reporters in Cairo.
He said the Arab League, which resolved on Sunday to prolong the mission, was waiting for Syria`s government to accept the extension. There were now 110 Arab monitors left in Syria after 55 Gulf Arab monitors withdrew, Ben Helli said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'