Arab ministers to reject intervention in Libya
Cairo: An official says a draft resolution
to be voted on by the Arab League opposes foreign military
intervention in Libya.
Leaders in the US, Europe and Australia have suggested
a no-fly zone over Libya. Embattled leader Moammar Gaddafi has
unleashed bombing raids, special forces and army troops in a
desperate bid to stay in power.
Foreign ministers of the 22-member group will meet in
Cairo Wednesday to vote on the resolution.
The Arab League`s deputy secretary-general, Ahmed bin
Heli, said Tuesday that the resolution will also call for
unity of Libya, approve sending aid to the North African
nation and back formation of a fact-finding mission.
Gaddafi is trying to beat back a two-week-old
rebellion, but has lost control over large parts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you