Arab nations evacuate citizens from Egypt
Cairo: Cairo airport officials on Saturday said several Arab nations have organised additional flights to take their nationals and families of diplomats out of Egypt because of the violence and unrest roiling the country.
The officials said Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon and Jordan are the countries that have arranged flights out.
They also said as many as 3,000 people have been stranded at the airport on Saturday, at least half of whom were travellers whose flights arrived after the government imposed curfew.
The other half included Egyptians and foreigners who had been scrambling to flee the country only to find that several airlines had either cancelled, delayed or suspended their flights.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview