Arab nations evacuate citizens from Egypt
Cairo: Cairo airport officials on Saturday said several Arab nations have organised additional flights to take their nationals and families of diplomats out of Egypt because of the violence and unrest roiling the country.
The officials said Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon and Jordan are the countries that have arranged flights out.
They also said as many as 3,000 people have been stranded at the airport on Saturday, at least half of whom were travellers whose flights arrived after the government imposed curfew.
The other half included Egyptians and foreigners who had been scrambling to flee the country only to find that several airlines had either cancelled, delayed or suspended their flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14