Arab world must confront Iran: Hillary
Abu Dhabi: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is accusing Iran of trying to foment new conflict in the Middle East to distract attention from its nuclear program. She says the Arab world must reject such attempts, sharpen enforcement of sanctions, and back Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
Hillary told a pan-Arab television talk show on Monday that sanctions against Iran have slowed its progress in developing nuclear weapons. But she said the world has to keep up the pressure. She says that if Iran is able to produce a nuclear weapon, it will spark a disastrous arms race in the region.
At the start of a three-nation tour of the Persian Gulf, Hillary also said Arab countries in particular should work to build confidence between Israel and the Palestinians so that stalled peace talks can resume.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users