Arab world must confront Iran: Hillary
Abu Dhabi: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is accusing Iran of trying to foment new conflict in the Middle East to distract attention from its nuclear program. She says the Arab world must reject such attempts, sharpen enforcement of sanctions, and back Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
Hillary told a pan-Arab television talk show on Monday that sanctions against Iran have slowed its progress in developing nuclear weapons. But she said the world has to keep up the pressure. She says that if Iran is able to produce a nuclear weapon, it will spark a disastrous arms race in the region.
At the start of a three-nation tour of the Persian Gulf, Hillary also said Arab countries in particular should work to build confidence between Israel and the Palestinians so that stalled peace talks can resume.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured