Arab world must confront Iran: Hillary
Abu Dhabi: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is accusing Iran of trying to foment new conflict in the Middle East to distract attention from its nuclear program. She says the Arab world must reject such attempts, sharpen enforcement of sanctions, and back Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
Hillary told a pan-Arab television talk show on Monday that sanctions against Iran have slowed its progress in developing nuclear weapons. But she said the world has to keep up the pressure. She says that if Iran is able to produce a nuclear weapon, it will spark a disastrous arms race in the region.
At the start of a three-nation tour of the Persian Gulf, Hillary also said Arab countries in particular should work to build confidence between Israel and the Palestinians so that stalled peace talks can resume.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts