Arab world must confront Iran: Hillary
Abu Dhabi: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is accusing Iran of trying to foment new conflict in the Middle East to distract attention from its nuclear program. She says the Arab world must reject such attempts, sharpen enforcement of sanctions, and back Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
Hillary told a pan-Arab television talk show on Monday that sanctions against Iran have slowed its progress in developing nuclear weapons. But she said the world has to keep up the pressure. She says that if Iran is able to produce a nuclear weapon, it will spark a disastrous arms race in the region.
At the start of a three-nation tour of the Persian Gulf, Hillary also said Arab countries in particular should work to build confidence between Israel and the Palestinians so that stalled peace talks can resume.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'