Arabs ready anti-Israeli resolution for nuke meet
Vienna: Arab nations are relaunching efforts to single out Israel for criticism at a major international conference this fall, through a resolution suggesting that its undeclared nuclear arsenal it is threatening Middle East peace.
The Arab push has been a mainstay of recent meetings of the 159-nation International Atomic Energy Agency but usually has been narrowly voted down by Israel`s allies. It was suspended in 2011 and 2012 as an Arab concession to keep alive hopes of talks on banning weapons of mass destruction from the Mideast.
Those talks were called off late last year, leading to the renewed Arab drive. The confidential draft resolution seen by The Associated Press "expresses concern about the Israeli nuclear capabilities" and calls upon Israel to open its nuclear programme to IAEA purview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical