Arafat’s body to be exhumed to ascertain cause of death
London: Former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat’s remains would be continued to be exhumed by French officials in a bid to discover if he was murdered.
A team of medical and forensic experts will arrive in the West Bank city of Ramallah on November 24 to carry out the gruesome operation.
The exhumation comes after Arafat`s widow Suha asked judges in France this summer to launch a murder probe into her husband`s death, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, Arafat, 48, believes her husband`s death at a Paris hospital eight years ago was caused by the radioactive toxin polonium and claims he was poisoned because he was an ``obstacle to peace``.
Arafat launched her legal action after Swiss scientists who analysed her husband`s belongings said in June that they found ``surprisingly high`` levels of the lethal substance on his clothes, the paper said.
Palestinian authorities have now given final approval for Arafat`s body to be exhumed so further tests can be carried out, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender