Arafat’s body to be exhumed to ascertain cause of death
London: Former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat’s remains would be continued to be exhumed by French officials in a bid to discover if he was murdered.
A team of medical and forensic experts will arrive in the West Bank city of Ramallah on November 24 to carry out the gruesome operation.
The exhumation comes after Arafat`s widow Suha asked judges in France this summer to launch a murder probe into her husband`s death, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, Arafat, 48, believes her husband`s death at a Paris hospital eight years ago was caused by the radioactive toxin polonium and claims he was poisoned because he was an ``obstacle to peace``.
Arafat launched her legal action after Swiss scientists who analysed her husband`s belongings said in June that they found ``surprisingly high`` levels of the lethal substance on his clothes, the paper said.
Palestinian authorities have now given final approval for Arafat`s body to be exhumed so further tests can be carried out, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen