Arafat’s body to be exhumed to ascertain cause of death
London: Former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat’s remains would be continued to be exhumed by French officials in a bid to discover if he was murdered.
A team of medical and forensic experts will arrive in the West Bank city of Ramallah on November 24 to carry out the gruesome operation.
The exhumation comes after Arafat`s widow Suha asked judges in France this summer to launch a murder probe into her husband`s death, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, Arafat, 48, believes her husband`s death at a Paris hospital eight years ago was caused by the radioactive toxin polonium and claims he was poisoned because he was an ``obstacle to peace``.
Arafat launched her legal action after Swiss scientists who analysed her husband`s belongings said in June that they found ``surprisingly high`` levels of the lethal substance on his clothes, the paper said.
Palestinian authorities have now given final approval for Arafat`s body to be exhumed so further tests can be carried out, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?