Arafat’s body to be exhumed to ascertain cause of death
London: Former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat’s remains would be continued to be exhumed by French officials in a bid to discover if he was murdered.
A team of medical and forensic experts will arrive in the West Bank city of Ramallah on November 24 to carry out the gruesome operation.
The exhumation comes after Arafat`s widow Suha asked judges in France this summer to launch a murder probe into her husband`s death, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, Arafat, 48, believes her husband`s death at a Paris hospital eight years ago was caused by the radioactive toxin polonium and claims he was poisoned because he was an ``obstacle to peace``.
Arafat launched her legal action after Swiss scientists who analysed her husband`s belongings said in June that they found ``surprisingly high`` levels of the lethal substance on his clothes, the paper said.
Palestinian authorities have now given final approval for Arafat`s body to be exhumed so further tests can be carried out, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack