Argentina, Brazil to cooperate on cyber defence
Buenos Aires: The governments of Argentina and Brazil have agreed to cooperate more closely on cyber defence in the wake of revelations that US spying extended to Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff.
"We have established that we will hold a meeting in Brasilia before the end of the year to intensify our complementarity in the matter of cyber defence," Argentine Defence Minister Agustin Rossi Friday said after talks with visiting Brazilian counterpart Celso Amorim.
"This system of spying... warrants, besides the individual efforts that each of our country makes, a complementarity that allows us to diminish situations of vulnerability," Rossi said.
"There is an invitation for an Argentine mission to come to Brazil that will generate the development of joint projects," Celso Amorim has said.
Amorim said both countries have a "great capacity" to produce software suitable for the task.
Brazil President Dilma Rousseff said last week that her planned state visit to Washington next month depends on US President Barack Obama`s response to the revelations about the US National Security Agency`s monitoring of her communications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!