Argentina Christmas fireworks injure 100
Buenos Aires: Fireworks from Christmas revellers injured at least 100 people in Argentina this year, fewer than last year.
A dozen of the wounded were treated for burns at the Quernado hospital in Buenos Aires, including an 11-year-old boy who suffered severe burns to his shoulder from a firecracker, on-call doctor Miriam Mino said.
She noted that the number of injured so far was still three percent less than those recorded in 2009.
About 50 people, eight of them with serious injuries, were being treated at the Santa Lucia eye hospital, said doctor Pablo Pauloni, noting that three children were among the most seriously injured patients.
The Pedro Lagleyze eye hospital treated another 15 patients, including three who were hospitalised for surgery due to burns and cuts from fireworks and other pyrotechnics.
A child younger than six was in an induced coma after a firecracker hit him in the head in Cordoba, 700km north of Buenos Aires.
In Rosario, 300km north of the capital, 13 people were treated for wounds, including gunshot wounds.
Meanwhile, powerful fireworks sparked fires at 11 homes in Buenos Aires, but no casualties were reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!