Argentina President back at job after cancer scare
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s President is back on the job after taking medical leave for surgery on her thyroid to deal with what turned out to be a false cancer scare.
The 58-year-old President Cristina Fernandez went back to Argentina`s Government House on Wednesday afternoon and signed a series of agreements with the country provinces as her first official act.
She showed off a scar on her neck from the operation.
Fernandez`s last public appearance was on December 28. That was a day after her office announced she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
Doctors removed the gland January 04, and the President`s officer later announced that tests found the growth on her thyroid was benign.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon
- 60 percent voting in 2nd phase of panchayat polls in Bihar
- Prosecutors says ISIS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome
- Bomb blast in Assam's Tinsukia area; dozens injured, some in serious condition