Argentina President back at job after cancer scare
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s President is back on the job after taking medical leave for surgery on her thyroid to deal with what turned out to be a false cancer scare.
The 58-year-old President Cristina Fernandez went back to Argentina`s Government House on Wednesday afternoon and signed a series of agreements with the country provinces as her first official act.
She showed off a scar on her neck from the operation.
Fernandez`s last public appearance was on December 28. That was a day after her office announced she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
Doctors removed the gland January 04, and the President`s officer later announced that tests found the growth on her thyroid was benign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!