Argentina President back at job after cancer scare
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s President is back on the job after taking medical leave for surgery on her thyroid to deal with what turned out to be a false cancer scare.
The 58-year-old President Cristina Fernandez went back to Argentina`s Government House on Wednesday afternoon and signed a series of agreements with the country provinces as her first official act.
She showed off a scar on her neck from the operation.
Fernandez`s last public appearance was on December 28. That was a day after her office announced she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
Doctors removed the gland January 04, and the President`s officer later announced that tests found the growth on her thyroid was benign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city