Argentina President back at job after cancer scare
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s President is back on the job after taking medical leave for surgery on her thyroid to deal with what turned out to be a false cancer scare.
The 58-year-old President Cristina Fernandez went back to Argentina`s Government House on Wednesday afternoon and signed a series of agreements with the country provinces as her first official act.
She showed off a scar on her neck from the operation.
Fernandez`s last public appearance was on December 28. That was a day after her office announced she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
Doctors removed the gland January 04, and the President`s officer later announced that tests found the growth on her thyroid was benign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway