Argentina to join small group of uranium-enriching countries
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s President Cristina Kirchner rededicated a uranium enrichment plant in southern province of Rio Negro, saying that next year Argentina would join the group of 10 countries producing the fuel for peaceful use.
"In November 11, a first sample of enriched uranium will be obtained, at which point, Argentina will join the group of 10 countries producing enriched uranium" for peaceful ends, Kirchner said.
The same plant was used to produce enriched uranium from 1982 to 1983 but then closed because of lower international prices, the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986 and unfavourable public opinion, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores