Argentina to join small group of uranium-enriching countries
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s President Cristina Kirchner rededicated a uranium enrichment plant in southern province of Rio Negro, saying that next year Argentina would join the group of 10 countries producing the fuel for peaceful use.
"In November 11, a first sample of enriched uranium will be obtained, at which point, Argentina will join the group of 10 countries producing enriched uranium" for peaceful ends, Kirchner said.
The same plant was used to produce enriched uranium from 1982 to 1983 but then closed because of lower international prices, the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986 and unfavourable public opinion, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'