Argentine blast kills woman, hurts 9; gas blamed
Buenos Aires: An explosion wrecked
two homes, a business and several cars, killing a woman and injuring nine people on the outskirts of Argentina`s capital.
Early reports by some witnesses that they had seen a ball
of fire fall from the sky around the time of the 2 am explosion caused a sensation, but authorities said later that evidence pointed to an explosion of leaking gas.
Officials said a search by the more than 100 police and
others turned up a canister of natural gas with a poor
connection to a pizza oven.
After the reports of a fireball coming down, the
government dispatched the large number of searchers to check
for radioactivity and any material that might have come from
Provincial justice and security minister Ricardo
Casal said experts were "evaluating all theories, from an
explosion to something strange that came from the sky."
But the experts found no evidence of a crater, and NASA
said its satellite that fell to Earth sometime Saturday landed
well clear of South America.
Late in the day, the government said it appeared the blast
was probably caused by a pizza oven`s poorly connected gas
A young man who had claimed he photographed a space object
and gave authorities a picture showing a streak of red light
through the night sky was detained for providing false
testimony, the Argentine news agency Diarios y Noticias said.
The man changed his story under questioning, the report
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan