Argentine commuter train derailment injures 31
Buenos Aires: A commuter train has derailed on arrival in Buenos Aires, injuring 31 passengers and causing traffic chaos in Argentina`s capital on the fourth day of a strike that has shut down the subways.
Most of the injuries involved people who were in the last car in the Mitre line formation, which swung off the rails and slammed into a metal signal tower in the Retiro station`s rail yard today.
The tower then fell on top of the train. Emergency medical director Alberto Crescenti said 25 were treated for shock at the scene and six were others were hospitalized.
The wreck happened shortly after the city mobilized 500 buses to carry subway riders for free while the subway strike continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters