Argentine commuter train derailment injures 31
Buenos Aires: A commuter train has derailed on arrival in Buenos Aires, injuring 31 passengers and causing traffic chaos in Argentina`s capital on the fourth day of a strike that has shut down the subways.
Most of the injuries involved people who were in the last car in the Mitre line formation, which swung off the rails and slammed into a metal signal tower in the Retiro station`s rail yard today.
The tower then fell on top of the train. Emergency medical director Alberto Crescenti said 25 were treated for shock at the scene and six were others were hospitalized.
The wreck happened shortly after the city mobilized 500 buses to carry subway riders for free while the subway strike continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC