Argentine commuter train derailment injures 31
Buenos Aires: A commuter train has derailed on arrival in Buenos Aires, injuring 31 passengers and causing traffic chaos in Argentina`s capital on the fourth day of a strike that has shut down the subways.
Most of the injuries involved people who were in the last car in the Mitre line formation, which swung off the rails and slammed into a metal signal tower in the Retiro station`s rail yard today.
The tower then fell on top of the train. Emergency medical director Alberto Crescenti said 25 were treated for shock at the scene and six were others were hospitalized.
The wreck happened shortly after the city mobilized 500 buses to carry subway riders for free while the subway strike continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers