Argentine lawyer says US extraditing wrong man
Buenos Aires: The lawyer for a suspected Colombian drug trafficker detained in Argentina and facing extradition to the United States is claiming it`s a case of mistaken identity.
Attorney Horacio Ruiz says the man identified by Argentine and US authorities as Luis Caicedo Velandia is a Guatemalan businessman, not the powerful drug lord known as "Don Lucho."
The suspect appeared in court Wednesday for the first time since his April 12 arrest.
Colombian national police chief Oscar Naranjo said Caicedo is part of a new generation of traffickers who keep a low profile.
Caicedo has allegedly been living in Argentina under a false Guatemalan passport, moving millions of dollars of cocaine into the United States and laundering the profits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30