Argentine leader undergoes thyroid cancer surge
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s president is undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous thyroid gland.
Doctors say Cristina Fernandez`s cancer was detected
before it spread, and she has a very good chance of a complete
Dr Pedro Saco is leading the operation at private
hospital in the suburbs of Buenos Aires. He is a veteran
Argentine oncologist who specialises in cancers of the head
Fernandez flew to the Hospital Austral by helicopter
early Wednesday and went under anesthesia several hours later.
Doctors say they`ll be able to report results by
Supporters gathered outside the hospital waving signs backing
Fernandez and her late husband Nestor Kirchner, who died of a
heart attack in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report