Argentine leader undergoes thyroid cancer surge
Buenos Aires: Argentina`s president is undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous thyroid gland.
Doctors say Cristina Fernandez`s cancer was detected
before it spread, and she has a very good chance of a complete
Dr Pedro Saco is leading the operation at private
hospital in the suburbs of Buenos Aires. He is a veteran
Argentine oncologist who specialises in cancers of the head
Fernandez flew to the Hospital Austral by helicopter
early Wednesday and went under anesthesia several hours later.
Doctors say they`ll be able to report results by
Supporters gathered outside the hospital waving signs backing
Fernandez and her late husband Nestor Kirchner, who died of a
heart attack in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok