Argentine leaders throw chairs, punches in public
Buenos aires (Argentina): Argentine lawmakers pushed, punched and threw chairs at each other during a raucous session to choose the president of a northern province`s lower house.
At least 10 legislators were slightly injured during the chaotic scuffle in Chaco, 620 miles (1,000 kilometers) north of the capital, Buenos Aires.
Chaco Gov. Jorge Capitanich said he regrets the violence, which broke out when officials from the governing party tried to stop opposition lawmakers from entering a session of the legislature.
Legislators were seen on local television hurling plastic chairs and pushing and shouting at each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- India has ability to target whole of Pakistan: Experts on AQ Khan's nuclear attack threat
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Kiran Bedi takes oath as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry