Argentine leaders throw chairs, punches in public
Buenos aires (Argentina): Argentine lawmakers pushed, punched and threw chairs at each other during a raucous session to choose the president of a northern province`s lower house.
At least 10 legislators were slightly injured during the chaotic scuffle in Chaco, 620 miles (1,000 kilometers) north of the capital, Buenos Aires.
Chaco Gov. Jorge Capitanich said he regrets the violence, which broke out when officials from the governing party tried to stop opposition lawmakers from entering a session of the legislature.
Legislators were seen on local television hurling plastic chairs and pushing and shouting at each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!