Argentine leaders throw chairs, punches in public
Buenos aires (Argentina): Argentine lawmakers pushed, punched and threw chairs at each other during a raucous session to choose the president of a northern province`s lower house.
At least 10 legislators were slightly injured during the chaotic scuffle in Chaco, 620 miles (1,000 kilometers) north of the capital, Buenos Aires.
Chaco Gov. Jorge Capitanich said he regrets the violence, which broke out when officials from the governing party tried to stop opposition lawmakers from entering a session of the legislature.
Legislators were seen on local television hurling plastic chairs and pushing and shouting at each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal