Argentine minister found dead at summit
London: A 33-year-old Argentine minister was found hanging in his hotel room during a summit in Uruguayan capital Montevideo. This caused the Argentine president to leave the meeting in distress.
Undersecretary for foreign trade Ivan Heyn appeared to have committed suicide, but an investigation was continuing, BBC quoted a police officer as saying.
Heyn, a rising star in President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner`s government, was attending the Mercosur summit - a South American trade bloc comprising Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
The media report said that President Fernandez left a meeting in distress on hearing about the news. She was later given medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui