Argentine minister found dead at summit
London: A 33-year-old Argentine minister was found hanging in his hotel room during a summit in Uruguayan capital Montevideo. This caused the Argentine president to leave the meeting in distress.
Undersecretary for foreign trade Ivan Heyn appeared to have committed suicide, but an investigation was continuing, BBC quoted a police officer as saying.
Heyn, a rising star in President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner`s government, was attending the Mercosur summit - a South American trade bloc comprising Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
The media report said that President Fernandez left a meeting in distress on hearing about the news. She was later given medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'