Argentine President a `bitch`
Buenos Aires: Argentineans have reacted with fury after a Falkland Islands’ newspaper accidentally called their President Cristina Kirchner a ‘bitch’.
The website of the Penguin News ran a photo of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner to illustrate a story about her vitriolic speech about the territory.
But anyone who wanted to save the image found that its default file name was ‘bitch’.
Argentina’s La Nacion newspaper told readers that the word is ‘one of the strongest’ Anglo-Saxon terms of disrespect.
This triggered complaints from Argentineans, many of whom bombarded the e-mail and Twitter accounts of the paper’s editor Lisa Watson with hundreds of foul-mouthed insults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!