Argentine President a `bitch`
Buenos Aires: Argentineans have reacted with fury after a Falkland Islands’ newspaper accidentally called their President Cristina Kirchner a ‘bitch’.
The website of the Penguin News ran a photo of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner to illustrate a story about her vitriolic speech about the territory.
But anyone who wanted to save the image found that its default file name was ‘bitch’.
Argentina’s La Nacion newspaper told readers that the word is ‘one of the strongest’ Anglo-Saxon terms of disrespect.
This triggered complaints from Argentineans, many of whom bombarded the e-mail and Twitter accounts of the paper’s editor Lisa Watson with hundreds of foul-mouthed insults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'