Argentine President a `bitch`
Buenos Aires: Argentineans have reacted with fury after a Falkland Islands’ newspaper accidentally called their President Cristina Kirchner a ‘bitch’.
The website of the Penguin News ran a photo of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner to illustrate a story about her vitriolic speech about the territory.
But anyone who wanted to save the image found that its default file name was ‘bitch’.
Argentina’s La Nacion newspaper told readers that the word is ‘one of the strongest’ Anglo-Saxon terms of disrespect.
This triggered complaints from Argentineans, many of whom bombarded the e-mail and Twitter accounts of the paper’s editor Lisa Watson with hundreds of foul-mouthed insults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court