Argentine President inherits $6.8 mn
Buenos Aires: Argentine President Cristina Fernandez inherited ARS 31.6 million (USD 6.8 million) from her late husband and predecessor, Nestor Kirchner, the media reported on Tuesday, citing financial disclosure statements.
The President`s net worth in 2011 reached a total of ARS 39.6 million (USD 8.6 million), according to a declaration presented to the Anticorruption Office.
Fernandez`s net worth dropped from the USD 15.3 million she reported after Kirchner`s October 2010 death from a heart attack, because 50 percent of Kirchner`s assets were inherited by the couple`s two children, Maximo and Florencia, according to documents released by the dailies Clarin and La Nacion.
Her financial disclosure statements show a bank deposit of USD 3 million that the head of state exchanged for pesos, as she announced several weeks ago, in line with government restrictions on purchasing dollars with the aim of "de-dollarizing" the Argentine economy.
Fernandez has an annual income of some USD 72,132 as President and also has income from rental properties inherited from her husband, and from two hotels that she owns in the southern town of Calafate, where she customarily spends her weekends.
The President also has other lands at Calafate in the province of Santa Cruz, where Kirchner was governor for 12 years before his rise to the presidency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her