Argentine President inherits $6.8 mn
Buenos Aires: Argentine President Cristina Fernandez inherited ARS 31.6 million (USD 6.8 million) from her late husband and predecessor, Nestor Kirchner, the media reported on Tuesday, citing financial disclosure statements.
The President`s net worth in 2011 reached a total of ARS 39.6 million (USD 8.6 million), according to a declaration presented to the Anticorruption Office.
Fernandez`s net worth dropped from the USD 15.3 million she reported after Kirchner`s October 2010 death from a heart attack, because 50 percent of Kirchner`s assets were inherited by the couple`s two children, Maximo and Florencia, according to documents released by the dailies Clarin and La Nacion.
Her financial disclosure statements show a bank deposit of USD 3 million that the head of state exchanged for pesos, as she announced several weeks ago, in line with government restrictions on purchasing dollars with the aim of "de-dollarizing" the Argentine economy.
Fernandez has an annual income of some USD 72,132 as President and also has income from rental properties inherited from her husband, and from two hotels that she owns in the southern town of Calafate, where she customarily spends her weekends.
The President also has other lands at Calafate in the province of Santa Cruz, where Kirchner was governor for 12 years before his rise to the presidency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference