Argentine publisher reissues book on Pope Francis
Mexico City: The naming of Jorge Mario Bergoglio as Pope Francis has inspired the enthusiasm not only of many Roman Catholics, but also of a publisher planning to re-launch a book about him by his official biographer, Sergio Rubin.
"The Jesuit. Conversations with Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio" will be reissued Tuesday as "The Jesuit. The story of Francisco, The Argentine Pope," said Maria Estomba, a spokeswoman for the Argentine branch of the Spanish publishing house Ediciones B.
Ediciones B now owns the Latin American publishing group Vergara, which in 2010 issued the original Spanish-language book.
The book is based on two years of conversations Rubin and a fellow journalist, Francesca Ambroguetti, held with then-Cardinal Bergoglio, but isn`t strictly a biography, Estomba said.
The publishing house has plans in the future to translate the book into several other languages, she said.
In addition to being the subject of this and potentially numerous other books in the future, Bergoglio has authored several of his own, including "Corruption and Sin," and "On Heaven and Earth," co-written with Rabbi Abraham Skorka. He also edited "Dialogues between John Paul II and Fidel Castro," written by Pope John Paul II.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda