Argentine publisher reissues book on Pope Francis
Mexico City: The naming of Jorge Mario Bergoglio as Pope Francis has inspired the enthusiasm not only of many Roman Catholics, but also of a publisher planning to re-launch a book about him by his official biographer, Sergio Rubin.
"The Jesuit. Conversations with Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio" will be reissued Tuesday as "The Jesuit. The story of Francisco, The Argentine Pope," said Maria Estomba, a spokeswoman for the Argentine branch of the Spanish publishing house Ediciones B.
Ediciones B now owns the Latin American publishing group Vergara, which in 2010 issued the original Spanish-language book.
The book is based on two years of conversations Rubin and a fellow journalist, Francesca Ambroguetti, held with then-Cardinal Bergoglio, but isn`t strictly a biography, Estomba said.
The publishing house has plans in the future to translate the book into several other languages, she said.
In addition to being the subject of this and potentially numerous other books in the future, Bergoglio has authored several of his own, including "Corruption and Sin," and "On Heaven and Earth," co-written with Rabbi Abraham Skorka. He also edited "Dialogues between John Paul II and Fidel Castro," written by Pope John Paul II.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video