Arizona shooting victim arrested after threat
Phoenix: One of the Arizona shooting victims was arrested on Saturday and then taken for a psychiatric evaluation after authorities said he took a picture of a tea party leader at televised town hall meeting and yelled: "you`re dead”.
James Eric Fuller, 63, objected to something Trent Humphries said during the forum taped for a special edition of ABC`s "This Week" with Christiane Amanpour, Pima County sheriff`s spokesman Jason Ogan said. Fuller was in the front row and apparently became upset when Humphries suggested that any conversations about gun control should be delayed until all the dead were buried, KGUN-TV in Tucson reported.
Fuller was arrested on misdemeanour disorderly conduct and threat charges, Ogan said. While Fuller was being escorted out, deputies decided he needed a mental health evaluation and he was taken to a hospital, where he remained Saturday evening.
The hospital will determine when he will be released, Ogan said.
Fuller was one of 19 people shot at a Safeway store on January 08. Six people died and Republican Gabrielle Giffords remains in critical condition with a bullet wound to the head.
Fuller described the shootings as "a bad crime drama" in an interview on CBS` "The Early Show”. He said he felt a bullet that hit his knee but didn`t know he had also been struck in the back. Fuller, a naval air veteran, drove himself to Northwest Hospital after being shot, according to the Arizona Daily Star. He was later taken to University Medical Centre where he was released two days later.
The show was videotaped at St Odilia`s Catholic Church in Tucson. Victims, witnesses, emergency responders and some of those hailed as heroes after the shooting discussed the tragedy.
The special will air Sunday on "This Week" with Christiane Amanpour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon