Arizona shootings underscore father`s message: MLK III
Atlanta: The son of Martin Luther King Jr says the recent shootings in Arizona that killed six and left a congresswoman critically wounded shows the work of his father must continue.
Martin Luther King III spoke on Saturday at a dinner where the King Centre is honouring the late Massachusetts Senator Edward M Kennedy`s work on civil rights. A posthumous award is being presented to the senator`s widow, Vicki Kennedy. The senator, who died in 2009 at age 77 following a battle with cancer, helped make King`s birthday a national holiday.
King`s son said the shooting of Arizona Republican Gabrielle Giffords make his father`s message of nonviolence resonate particularly strongly.
Both families have been touched by political violence. President John Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, and King and Senator Robert Kennedy were slain in 1968.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?