Arkansas bird carcasses being sent for testing
Beebe: Wildlife experts are trying
to solve an apocalyptic-type mystery: Why did nearly 3,000
red-winged blackbirds tumble from the Arkansas sky on New
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission says laboratories
in Arkansas, Georgia and Wisconsin will examine some carcasses
starting today. Results could be back in a week.
Commission spokesman Keith Stephens says the birds fell
in an area about a mile long and a half-mile wide. Commission
ornithologist Karen Rowe says the flock could have been hit by
lightning or high-altitude hail, or may have been startled by
It`s not the first time birds have dropped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen