Armenia accuses Turkey of `utter denial` on genocide
Ankara: Armenian President Serzh Sarkisian on Thursday accused Turkey of an "utter denial" for failing to recognise World War I mass killings of Armenians in the Ottoman Empire as genocide, after Ankara for the first time offered condolences for the tragedy.
"The Armenian genocide... is alive as far as the successor of the Ottoman Turkey continues its policy of utter denial," Sarkisian said in a statement marking the 99th anniversary of the massacres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`