Armenia opens the world`s longest aerial tramway
Armenia: Armenia`s president has opened an aerial tramway that the country claims is the world`s longest. Officials say the tramway across the Vorotan River gorge in the country`s south spans 5.7 kilometres, longer than the 4.5 kilometres line in New Mexico known as world`s longest passenger aerial tramway.
The USD 45 million tramway links the highway from Armenia`s capital of Yerevan with the 9th century Tatev Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage candidate and one of
Armenia`s oldest and most prominent monasteries.
Armenian authorities say they will apply to Guinness World Records to officially confirm that the tramway is the world`s longest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'