Armenia opens the world`s longest aerial tramway
Armenia: Armenia`s president has opened an aerial tramway that the country claims is the world`s longest. Officials say the tramway across the Vorotan River gorge in the country`s south spans 5.7 kilometres, longer than the 4.5 kilometres line in New Mexico known as world`s longest passenger aerial tramway.
The USD 45 million tramway links the highway from Armenia`s capital of Yerevan with the 9th century Tatev Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage candidate and one of
Armenia`s oldest and most prominent monasteries.
Armenian authorities say they will apply to Guinness World Records to officially confirm that the tramway is the world`s longest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?