Armenia opens the world`s longest aerial tramway
Armenia: Armenia`s president has opened an aerial tramway that the country claims is the world`s longest. Officials say the tramway across the Vorotan River gorge in the country`s south spans 5.7 kilometres, longer than the 4.5 kilometres line in New Mexico known as world`s longest passenger aerial tramway.
The USD 45 million tramway links the highway from Armenia`s capital of Yerevan with the 9th century Tatev Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage candidate and one of
Armenia`s oldest and most prominent monasteries.
Armenian authorities say they will apply to Guinness World Records to officially confirm that the tramway is the world`s longest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief