Around 350 held in Dubai for law violation
Dubai: A total of 346 people, including street vendors, beggars and car washers, have been arrested in Dubai for violating the law in the emirate.
Dubai municipality inspectors in cooperation with Dubai Police arrested the people in December 2012.
The move also resulted in the seizure of several low-quality goods and pirated CDs.
Among the arrested people, 235 were street vendors, 97 were beggars and 14 were car washers.
A total of 1,644 counterfeit products were seized that included 785 pirated CDs, 308 tobacco products, 250 ready-made garments, 263 food items and eight alcoholic drinks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days