Around 350 held in Dubai for law violation
Dubai: A total of 346 people, including street vendors, beggars and car washers, have been arrested in Dubai for violating the law in the emirate.
Dubai municipality inspectors in cooperation with Dubai Police arrested the people in December 2012.
The move also resulted in the seizure of several low-quality goods and pirated CDs.
Among the arrested people, 235 were street vendors, 97 were beggars and 14 were car washers.
A total of 1,644 counterfeit products were seized that included 785 pirated CDs, 308 tobacco products, 250 ready-made garments, 263 food items and eight alcoholic drinks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'