Around 350 held in Dubai for law violation
Dubai: A total of 346 people, including street vendors, beggars and car washers, have been arrested in Dubai for violating the law in the emirate.
Dubai municipality inspectors in cooperation with Dubai Police arrested the people in December 2012.
The move also resulted in the seizure of several low-quality goods and pirated CDs.
Among the arrested people, 235 were street vendors, 97 were beggars and 14 were car washers.
A total of 1,644 counterfeit products were seized that included 785 pirated CDs, 308 tobacco products, 250 ready-made garments, 263 food items and eight alcoholic drinks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city