Around 40,000 Syrian refugees reach Turkey
Ankara: Around 40,000 Syrians have fled to neighbouring Turkey amid the fighting that has killed thousands during the 16 months of violence, according to Turkey`s disaster relief agency.
The Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency said that most of the refugees are in camps in the southern Hatay, Sanliurfa, Gaziantep and Kilis provinces.
Around 15,000 people have died since the start of a popular uprising in March 2011.
The UN and anti-government organisations say President Bashar al-Assad`s forces are responsible for most of the killings, while the Syrian government accuses "terrorists" for the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!