Around 40,000 Syrian refugees reach Turkey
Ankara: Around 40,000 Syrians have fled to neighbouring Turkey amid the fighting that has killed thousands during the 16 months of violence, according to Turkey`s disaster relief agency.
The Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency said that most of the refugees are in camps in the southern Hatay, Sanliurfa, Gaziantep and Kilis provinces.
Around 15,000 people have died since the start of a popular uprising in March 2011.
The UN and anti-government organisations say President Bashar al-Assad`s forces are responsible for most of the killings, while the Syrian government accuses "terrorists" for the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi