Arrest in N Ireland over `Basque separatist probe`
Belfast: Police in Northern Ireland said they arrested a man under terrorism legislation in a joint operation with Spanish police, in what is understood to be an investigation into Basque separatist activities.
The suspect was detained in the centre of Belfast on Thursday, said a spokesman from the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI).
"A 40-year-old man has this evening been arrested under terrorism legislation in a joint operation between the PSNI serious crime branch and Spanish police," he said.
He has been taken to Antrim police station, said the spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!