Arrested foreigners have military history: Sudan
Khartoum: Sudan`s Army spokesman says that three foreigners and a South Sudanese national arrested by authorities in a disputed area on the Sudanese-South Sudanese border had military hardware and an armoured vehicle in their possession.
Colonel Sawarmi Khalid Saad also said on state television late Saturday that the four — a Briton, Norwegian, South African and South Sudanese — had military backgrounds. The four were arrested in the oil-rich region of Heglig, captured by South Sudanese troops earlier this month. Sudan later said it took the region back.
Saad said the four were carrying out military activities in Heglig, but did not elaborate. Their arrest, he added, supported claims by the Khartoum government that South Sudan used "foreigners" when it captured Heglig.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why