Arrested foreigners have military history: Sudan
Khartoum: Sudan`s Army spokesman says that three foreigners and a South Sudanese national arrested by authorities in a disputed area on the Sudanese-South Sudanese border had military hardware and an armoured vehicle in their possession.
Colonel Sawarmi Khalid Saad also said on state television late Saturday that the four — a Briton, Norwegian, South African and South Sudanese — had military backgrounds. The four were arrested in the oil-rich region of Heglig, captured by South Sudanese troops earlier this month. Sudan later said it took the region back.
Saad said the four were carrying out military activities in Heglig, but did not elaborate. Their arrest, he added, supported claims by the Khartoum government that South Sudan used "foreigners" when it captured Heglig.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!