Arrested foreigners have military history: Sudan
Khartoum: Sudan`s Army spokesman says that three foreigners and a South Sudanese national arrested by authorities in a disputed area on the Sudanese-South Sudanese border had military hardware and an armoured vehicle in their possession.
Colonel Sawarmi Khalid Saad also said on state television late Saturday that the four — a Briton, Norwegian, South African and South Sudanese — had military backgrounds. The four were arrested in the oil-rich region of Heglig, captured by South Sudanese troops earlier this month. Sudan later said it took the region back.
Saad said the four were carrying out military activities in Heglig, but did not elaborate. Their arrest, he added, supported claims by the Khartoum government that South Sudan used "foreigners" when it captured Heglig.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan