Ashley Judd to run for US Senate?
New York: Actress-social activist Ashley Judd is reportedly all set to announce her candidacy for US Senate this spring.
The 44-year-old actress has told key advisers and political figures about her plan to announce her run for the Democratic nomination for the 2014 race, reported Huffington Post.
"I know she knows she has to declare soon. But she could always change her mind. But as of now it is a done deal," a source said.
Judd has reportedly discussed her plans with former Governor Wendell H Ford, the 88-year-old dean of Kentucky Democrats, among others.
The sources also said that Judd is working with New York pollster Jefrey Pollock and has interviewed a number of media consultants including Anita Dunn, formerly of the Obama campaigns, and JB Poersch, the former head of the Democrats` national senate campaign committee.
According to a top Democratic fundraiser with ties to President Barack Obama, as early as last summer, Judd discussed the role of a woman candidate in a Senate race with another Pollock client, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical