Asia-Pacific key to Russia`s future: Putin
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin has stressed the importance of the Asia-Pacific region for his country`s development.
Ahead of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit to take place in the country`s far eastern port city of Vladivostok, Putin wrote in an article for the Wall Street Journal Asia: "Russia has long been an intrinsic part of the Asian-Pacific region."
"We view this dynamic region as the most important factor for the successful future of the whole country, as well as development of Siberia and the far east."
The 21-nation APEC summit that began on September 05 will go on till September 09.
Putin highlighted Russia`s investment in its far east in his "Vladivostok 2012: Russian agenda for the APEC Forum" article.
"We are already building modern ports in the Russian far east, modernising the transportation and shipment infrastructure, and improving national customs and administrative procedures," he wrote.
The implementation of these projects "will increase traffic flow between Europe and the Asian-Pacific region via Russia`s territory no less than fivefold by 2020", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi