Asian woman falls from London rooftop restaurant
London: An Asian businesswoman died after plunging 80ft from a London rooftop restaurant in front of 100 diners.
According to witnesses, the smartly-dressed Asian woman, in her 30s, took a sip of wine, placed her handbag on the floor before leaping from the eight-storey building, The Sun reported.
She fell from the top of Coq D`Argent restaurant in London Wednesday evening and narrowly missed shoppers and commuters outside Bank station as her body hit the ground. The woman was not identified.
"The place was packed. Everyone was just doing their usual, drinking and talking loudly," said a male diner, who witnessed the woman`s fall.
"She must have walked to the corner and just jumped. All of a sudden the restaurant went quiet and a staff member said we had to leave. It was extremely eerie," he added.
A woman staff member, who didn`t want to be named, said: "I heard a scream and a thud.
"Her leg was broken, there was a pool of blood around her head. I looked to see if she was breathing and had a pulse but she didn`t."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed