Asiana Airlines crash: Miraculous save, says Indian survivor
San Francisco: Vedpal Singh, an Indian who was on board ill-fated flight of South Korea`s Asiana Airlines and miraculously survived along with his family, has said that there was no forewarning before the plane crashed here.
"It`s miraculous we survived," he said, recalling his ordeal when the plane with 307 people on board hit the runway and engulfed by flames while landing at San Francisco airport yesterday.
"We knew something was horribly wrong," he said. But there was no forewarning from the pilot or any crew members before the flight from Seoul to San Francisco touched down hard, a visibly shaken Singh said.
He said the plane went silent before people tried to get out anyway they could, recalling his escape from the burned-out wreckage of the Boeing 777.
Singh, who was sitting in the middle of the aircraft and survived the crash with his family, suffered a fractured collarbone and other minor injuries.
His 15-year-old son said luggage fell on passengers overhead as the entire incident lasted about 10 seconds.
At least two people were killed and over 180 injured when Asiana Airlines flight OZ214 hit the runway and engulfed by flames while landing at San Francisco International Airport.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged