Asiana Airlines crash: Miraculous save, says Indian survivor
San Francisco: Vedpal Singh, an Indian who was on board ill-fated flight of South Korea`s Asiana Airlines and miraculously survived along with his family, has said that there was no forewarning before the plane crashed here.
"It`s miraculous we survived," he said, recalling his ordeal when the plane with 307 people on board hit the runway and engulfed by flames while landing at San Francisco airport yesterday.
"We knew something was horribly wrong," he said. But there was no forewarning from the pilot or any crew members before the flight from Seoul to San Francisco touched down hard, a visibly shaken Singh said.
He said the plane went silent before people tried to get out anyway they could, recalling his escape from the burned-out wreckage of the Boeing 777.
Singh, who was sitting in the middle of the aircraft and survived the crash with his family, suffered a fractured collarbone and other minor injuries.
His 15-year-old son said luggage fell on passengers overhead as the entire incident lasted about 10 seconds.
At least two people were killed and over 180 injured when Asiana Airlines flight OZ214 hit the runway and engulfed by flames while landing at San Francisco International Airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez