Asiana Airlines crash: Miraculous save, says Indian survivor
San Francisco: Vedpal Singh, an Indian who was on board ill-fated flight of South Korea`s Asiana Airlines and miraculously survived along with his family, has said that there was no forewarning before the plane crashed here.
"It`s miraculous we survived," he said, recalling his ordeal when the plane with 307 people on board hit the runway and engulfed by flames while landing at San Francisco airport yesterday.
"We knew something was horribly wrong," he said. But there was no forewarning from the pilot or any crew members before the flight from Seoul to San Francisco touched down hard, a visibly shaken Singh said.
He said the plane went silent before people tried to get out anyway they could, recalling his escape from the burned-out wreckage of the Boeing 777.
Singh, who was sitting in the middle of the aircraft and survived the crash with his family, suffered a fractured collarbone and other minor injuries.
His 15-year-old son said luggage fell on passengers overhead as the entire incident lasted about 10 seconds.
At least two people were killed and over 180 injured when Asiana Airlines flight OZ214 hit the runway and engulfed by flames while landing at San Francisco International Airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur