Asiana Airlines crash: One more succumbs to injury
Zee Media Bureau
San Francisco: A Chinese girl became the third fatality in the crash of an Asiana Airlines jet at San Francisco airport last Saturday.
The girl, who died on Friday morning, was in critical condition, according to the doctors of the San Francisco General Hospital.
The crash landing of the Boeing 777 also killed two Chinese teenage girls and injured more than 180 other people. The two victims who died on Saturday were visiting the United States to attend summer camp with a group of schoolmates.
Both fell out of the plane during the crash and one was run over by a fire truck rushing to the scene, the San Francisco Police Department said on Friday, although it was unclear whether she was still alive at the time.
The coroner in San Mateo County, where the airport is located, has said he will release the girls` autopsies results in about two weeks.
The bulk of injured passengers were taken to San Francisco General Hospital and to Stanford Hospital & Clinics.
San Francisco General, which originally received 67 patients, still has six, including two in critical condition. Their injuries include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, abdominal injuries, internal bleeding, road rash and fractures, the hospital said.
Stanford still has one patient, who is in serious condition, according to a spokesman. It treated 55 patients from the crash.
A handful of patients remain at other area hospitals, including one at St. Francis and one at St. Mary`s.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda