Asiana flight 214 attendants praised for heroism in emergency evacuation
Johannesburg: The flight attendants of Asiana 214 that crash-landed in San Francisco on July 6 have been receiving praises for displaying heroism during the emergency evacuation.
Earlier, the Korean airlines` flight attendants union was in news to get the dress code updated so female attendants could wear trousers.
The News24 reports that the flight attendants on the crashed plane had oversaw the emergency evacuation of nearly 300 passengers using knives to slash seatbelts, slinging axes to free two colleagues trapped by malfunctioning slides, fighting flames and bringing out frightened children.
According to the report, such conduct has given pride to the members of a profession who often are recognised only for their appearance and customer service skills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him