Asiana flight 214 attendants praised for heroism in emergency evacuation
Johannesburg: The flight attendants of Asiana 214 that crash-landed in San Francisco on July 6 have been receiving praises for displaying heroism during the emergency evacuation.
Earlier, the Korean airlines` flight attendants union was in news to get the dress code updated so female attendants could wear trousers.
The News24 reports that the flight attendants on the crashed plane had oversaw the emergency evacuation of nearly 300 passengers using knives to slash seatbelts, slinging axes to free two colleagues trapped by malfunctioning slides, fighting flames and bringing out frightened children.
According to the report, such conduct has given pride to the members of a profession who often are recognised only for their appearance and customer service skills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price