Asiana flight crash: No charges in survivor’s death
Zee Media Bureau
San Francisco: A firefighter who ran over an Asiana plane crash survivor while responding to the emergency will not be charged.
San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said that the death of 16-year-old Ye Mengyuan “was an accident” not a crime.
Mengyuan was alive when she made out of the plane’s debris and was covered in flame-retardant foam when the fire-fighter truck ran over her.
Three people died out of the 307 onboard the flight but 180 others suffered injuries. Mengyuan’s close friend Wang Linjia, 16, also died in the crash and 15-year-old Liu Yipeng was the third passenger who died at the hospital later.
The Boeing 777 flight from Seoul to San Francisco crashed after it hit a sea wall on being flying too low and too slow.
The investigation into the crash is still underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'