Assad announced salary raise for state servants
Damascus: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has announced salary raise for state servants, military personnel and retired employees.
According to the presidential decree, the raise for the current state employees and military personnel will be divided into the categories -- 40 percent increase on the first 10,000 Syrian pounds of the salary, 20 percent on the second 10,000, 10 percent on the third and five percent on the fourth 10,000.
The raise for the retirees starts from 25 percent on the first 10,000 Syrian pounds, 25 percent on the second and 10 percent on the third 10,000.
Xinhua said the raise comes in light of a hike in the US exchange rate against the Syrian pound, and recent data shows that public servants have lost 70 percent of their income.
Prices of almost all commodities in Syria have increased by 200 percent over the past few months, making a lot of commodities out of reach for many people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath