Assad regime could crumble soon: UN official
Oslo: Norwegian media are quoting the outgoing UN chief observer in Syria as saying it`s just a matter of time before Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime crumbles.
But Major General Robert Mood also told a news conference in Oslo on Friday that Syria`s government still has great military muscle left to apply in the civil war, with no sense of proportionality when it comes to using violence.
According to Norwegian broadcaster TV2, Mood said, "It`s impossible to imagine a future in Syria where the current people in power remain in power," adding: "It`s just a matter of time before this regime collapses."
That could especially happen if more members of the military leave the government to join the opposition.
Mood left Damascus on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites