Assad`s forces accused of `massacre` near Damascus
Damascus: Syrian troops have been accused of committing massacre near capital city of Damascus as scores of bodies have been found there, reports said Sunday.
More than 200 bodies are said to have been found in Daraya, a town near Damascus, mostly resided by Sunni Muslims.
Activists claim that Assad’s forces carried out “house-to-house raids” and killed people in “execution style”.
Whereas, the state TV in Syria said that Daraya was being "purified of terrorist remnants".
Without commenting on the activists` claim, Syrian state TV said Daraya was being "purified of terrorist remnants".
However the claims of activists have not been verified yet as there are restrictions imposed on non-state media in Syria.
The death toll in Deraa was pegged at more than 120 for this week, by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days