Assad`s forces accused of `massacre` near Damascus
Damascus: Syrian troops have been accused of committing massacre near capital city of Damascus as scores of bodies have been found there, reports said Sunday.
More than 200 bodies are said to have been found in Daraya, a town near Damascus, mostly resided by Sunni Muslims.
Activists claim that Assad’s forces carried out “house-to-house raids” and killed people in “execution style”.
Whereas, the state TV in Syria said that Daraya was being "purified of terrorist remnants".
Without commenting on the activists` claim, Syrian state TV said Daraya was being "purified of terrorist remnants".
However the claims of activists have not been verified yet as there are restrictions imposed on non-state media in Syria.
The death toll in Deraa was pegged at more than 120 for this week, by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- To give shape to new education policy, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar meets RSS leaders
- Italian connection to Mahatma Gandhi's assassination? Subramanian Swamy to reveal after August 15
- WATCH: AB de Villiers' lesson for 19-year-old who struck him with fearsome bouncer
- More girls studying, but 84% drop out after graduation
- Market gatheres momentum, Sensex up 120 points amid F&O expiry