Assad`s forces accused of `massacre` near Damascus
Damascus: Syrian troops have been accused of committing massacre near capital city of Damascus as scores of bodies have been found there, reports said Sunday.
More than 200 bodies are said to have been found in Daraya, a town near Damascus, mostly resided by Sunni Muslims.
Activists claim that Assad’s forces carried out “house-to-house raids” and killed people in “execution style”.
Whereas, the state TV in Syria said that Daraya was being "purified of terrorist remnants".
Without commenting on the activists` claim, Syrian state TV said Daraya was being "purified of terrorist remnants".
However the claims of activists have not been verified yet as there are restrictions imposed on non-state media in Syria.
The death toll in Deraa was pegged at more than 120 for this week, by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal