Assange a ‘coward, scumbag`: Swedish minister
Sydney: A Swedish minister has slammed WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange, calling him a ‘coward’, a ‘pitiful wretch’ and a ‘scumbag’, who does not have the courage to have his case tried by the court.
“Sick. A coward who does not dare to have his case tried by the court. If the accusations against him are true, he is a scumbag,” Minister of Social Affairs Goran Hagglund tweeted.
According to the Herald Sun, the Twitter outburst was part of an ongoing exchange with Swedish tabloid journalist Niklas Svensson.
Svensson was the journalist who first reported Assange was wanted by Swedish police.
In an interview in the newspaper Expressen, Hagglund reportedly called Assange a ‘pitiful wretch’.
According to the paper, the Swedish authorities have insisted that there are no charges against Assange, and he is wanted only for questioning in relation to sexual assault allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’