Assange a ‘coward, scumbag`: Swedish minister
Sydney: A Swedish minister has slammed WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange, calling him a ‘coward’, a ‘pitiful wretch’ and a ‘scumbag’, who does not have the courage to have his case tried by the court.
“Sick. A coward who does not dare to have his case tried by the court. If the accusations against him are true, he is a scumbag,” Minister of Social Affairs Goran Hagglund tweeted.
According to the Herald Sun, the Twitter outburst was part of an ongoing exchange with Swedish tabloid journalist Niklas Svensson.
Svensson was the journalist who first reported Assange was wanted by Swedish police.
In an interview in the newspaper Expressen, Hagglund reportedly called Assange a ‘pitiful wretch’.
According to the paper, the Swedish authorities have insisted that there are no charges against Assange, and he is wanted only for questioning in relation to sexual assault allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?